Tuesday 3 July 2012

Sequel Mania...#1

Thanks to NetGalley, I had the opportunity to read several really good 'first in a series' books last year. Some of these had me hooked from the first page, others took a while to build up. Here are a few newly released covers for the sequels to those books, all of which I'm absolutely dying to read!


Through The Ever Night is the much-anticipated sequel to Under The Never Sky. I like how they have kept the covers similar, and this one gives me hope that it focuses more on Perry's story, though I did like the alternating POVs.


I know, I know, I hear you...you're a little sick of the girls-in-dresses covers too. I'm not sure if this cover has anything to do with the story; it could very well just be a pretty girl in a very pretty dress. Nonetheless, the Pluto-Proserpine-Orpheus-Eurydice story ended on a major cliffhanger, and I'm dying to know what's in store for Nikki, Jack and Cole in Everbound.


I read all three books in quick succession last year, and I personally think that Incarnate had the most original storyline. I can't wait to find out to find out how people react to Ana now that she is no longer the 'only one'.

P.S. One of my biggest pet peeves is when publishers change the covers halfway through the series. Since these three have followed the pattern of their predecessors (and are gorgeous to boot!), here's hoping the covers stay true throughout!

(all images are from goodreads)

No comments:

Post a Comment