Wednesday 18 April 2012

Review: A Little Wanting Song by Cath Crowley


(image from goodreads)

I can't believe it took me so long to get my hands on this lovely book! A Little Wanting Song reaffirmed my belief that there is truly something magical about Australian YA authors, and Miss Crowley is a great example of one of them. To me, the entire book read like a song, the words lifting off the page like a tune carried on the wind. The author perfectly captured all the emotions felt by our two leads - sadness, anger, despair, fear and hope. It was also refreshing to read a book that centred on a friendship, with a great romance on the side. 

This is one book I will definitely be re-reading. 

Loved:

1) The multiple POVs.
2) Charlie's songs.
3) Dave
4) The non-instantaneous romance.

No comments:

Post a Comment