Friday 20 April 2012

Review: Kill Me Softly by Sarah Cross


(image from goodreads)

I love fairy tale retellings, and this one was especially good. It covered several well-known tales, and the book didn't shy away from the original tales, which as most of us know, are quite a bit darker than the Disney versions. The only downside was that because I was reading it sporadically, I kept having to refer back as I couldn't recall who the characters were supposed to be. I'm glad that it ended on a proper note, though there is room for a sequel if the author wishes to write one (I'm not sure if there is a plan for one). I really hope she does, because if it is anything like this book, it's going to be on my dying-to-read list well before it even has a cover!

Lines to live by...
"You didn't hide. You didn't wait for the perfect moment to settle on you like a butterfly, like magic. You went out and made magic. Made your own wishes come true."

Thanks NetGalley!

No comments:

Post a Comment