Thursday 8 March 2012

Review: Virtuosity by Jessica Martinez


(image from goodreads.com)

This is an absolute must if you like music in your books. While not everyone will be familiar with the classical pieces mentioned in the book, the author did a great job of bringing the atmosphere of a music performance alive. I felt like I was in the audience, so well was the music described. I now regret not having had music lessons! It also has two great leads - our female lead is a rather sheltered girl having grown up living and breathing music. She is a great contrast to the male lead who is more of a showman when it comes to performances. You can't help but root for both, as I did. Looking forward to more books by Jessica Martinez (hopefully with lots of music in them)! 

P.S. I have to add that Jeremy reminds me of a classical music version of Adam from If I Stay, and there can't be anything wrong with that. 

P.P.S. I'm not sure if this cover is still available; I tried looking for this version everywhere, but couldn't locate it, so I had to settle on a different one, which in my opinion, isn't as pretty. 

Thanks to GalleyGrab for this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment